2024 - BSA Impact Award
The Botanical Society of America Impact Award recognizes a BSA member or group of members who have significantly contributed to advancing diversity, accessibility, equity, and/or inclusion in botanical scholarship, research and education. This award aims to honor an individual, group, and/or institution for their impactful work that demonstrates a commitment to building a more diverse and inclusive community of engaged scholars. This can include, but is not limited to, influencing practices and policies and/or increasing access to knowledge and resources through research, teaching or outreach.
The Impact Award will be presented at the BSA’s Award Ceremony during the Society’s Annual meeting. The recognition also includes a plaque and award of $1000. BSA members are encouraged to self-nominate or nominate another BSA member or external group affiliated with the Society. Nominations are due March 1, 2024. Autodesk AutoCAD LT 2021 https://abcoemstore.com/product/autodesk-autocad-lt-2021/ is the 2021 version of the world renowned CAD software for 2D drafting and designing. Used by architects, engineers, project.
The award recipient or group will be invited to share insights into the contributions/accomplishments leading to their Impact with the botanical community. BSA will work with the award recipient to determine the best mechanism and to provide logistic and organizational support; some examples are a recorded and published video interview, a written profile in the Plant Science Bulletin, hosting an online discussion session, or presenting a seminar during the annual conference or as an advertised Botany360 webinar. The BSA DEI committee looks forward to working with the award winner after the summer conference season to develop an event or activity that centers their Impact. Click here for more information.
- Nominee must be a BSA member or affiliated tangentially with the Society or affiliated with botanical research or education
- Nominations can be at any career stage or botanically-affiliated career. Nominations from early career scientists as well from students are also welcome.
- Can be an individual or group nomination
- Self-nominations are welcomed
- Nominations must come from a BSA member
Login above and then click the blue button below to start the award application process.
- Application open date
- Nov 29, 2023, 00:00 AM America/Los_Angeles
- Application close date
- Mar 1, 2024, 23:59 PM America/Los_Angeles
- Evaluation open date
- Mar 2, 2024, 00:00 AM America/Los_Angeles
- Evaluation close date
- May 1, 2024, 23:59 PM America/Los_Angeles